HON’BLE PRIME MINISTER FLAGGED OFF FIRST ANTYODAYA EXPRESS FROM GUJARAT BETWEEN UDHNA & JAYNAGAR ON 8th SEPTEMBER, 2017
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the maiden run of the First Antyodaya Express originating from Gujarat, being run between Udhna and Jaynagar at a function held at Bharuch, on 8th October, 2017 through video link. on this occasion, Shri Vijay R. Rupani. Hon’ble Chief Minister of Gujarat and Shri Nitinbhai Patel, Hon’ble Dy. Chief Minister of Gujarat were also present at Bharuch, while Shri Rajen Gohain, Hon’ble Minister of State for Railways, Govt. of India was present at Udhna Railway station alongwith Hon’ble Mayor of Surat, Hon’ble MPs & MLAs. Shri A K Gupta, General Manager, Western Railway welcomed the dignitaries at Udhna station while Shri Mukul Jain, Divisional Railway Manager, Mumbai Central offered the vote of thanks.
This train will commence its regular service Ex – Udhna from 15th October, 2017 as Train No. 15564 Udhna – Jaynagar Weekly Antyodaya Express and will depart from Udhna on every Sunday at 8.50 hrs to reach Jaynagar the next day at 22.40 hrs.
Similarly, in the return direction Train No. 15563 Jaynagar – Udhna Weekly Antyodaya Express will depart from Jaynagar every Friday at 1.20 hrs to reach Udhna next day at 13.00 hrs. The train will have stoppages at Nandurbar, Amalner, Jalgaon, Bhusaval, Khandwa, Harda, Itarsi, Pipariya, Narsinghpur, Jabalpur, Katni, Satna, Sankargarh, Chheoki, Mirzapur, Mughalsarai, Buxar, Ara, Patna, Mokama, Barauni, Samastipur and Darbhanga stations in both directions. This train comprises of fully Unreserved General Coaches.
• Antyodaya is a fully unreserved train designed with special features for the benefit of passengers’ i.e more comfortable journey.
• The coaches are wrapped with vinyl sheets for a futuristic look.
• It has cushioned seats & luggage racks
• Additional hand hold in doorway area
• Vestibuled ends for inter – coach movement of passengers and service staff.
• Braille Indicators
• Water purifiers
• Enhanced number of mobile charging points
• Fire extinguishers and CCTV cameras
• Anti-graffiti measures have been adopted for the interior and exterior of the train.
Source : http://www.wr.indianrailways.gov.in