AC Local Train in mumbai-Features
Salient of Air Conditioned EMU:
i. Manufactured by Integral Coach Factory, Chennai of Indian Railways.
ii. First Air conditioned EMU equipped with IGBT based 3 phase propulsion system.
iii. Fully air conditioned rake with a capacity of 30 Ton per coach.
iv. Automatic Door closure system.
v. LED based lighting for better illumination and energy conservation.
vi. Equipped with Emergency Talk-back system. Passengers can seek assistance from guard of the train in distress condition.
vii. Passenger carrying capacity – Seats 1028 Nos. and Total 5964 passengers.
viii. LED based coach identification system for Alarm chain pulling & Door malfunctioning.
ix. GPS based passenger information system with Audio-visual indication of stations.
x. PA system for Guard-Driver/ Passenger communication.
xi. Stainless steel coaches with straight side walls.
xii. Air suspension system for better Passenger comfort.
xiii. Maximum speed – 100 Km/hour.
xiv. Air Conditioned Driving Cab.
xv. Aerodynamic nose cone driving cab.
xvi. Equipped with Air tight vestibules connecting 6 coaches.
xvii. Wide and large double sealed glass window for panoramic view.
xviii. Comfortable modular polycarbonate seats for passengers.
xix. Aluminum extruded modular luggage racks with polycarbonate transparent glass of bottom.
Automatic Door Closing System:
- The door system is formed by two door leaves and drive unit mechanism located in the upper portal area. The door leaves were sliding on upper and lower rail guide, the movement of which is controlled by electrical signal received through TCMS from guard/ drivers cab. The door leaves were sliding inside pockets provided at the door opening. Following passenger safety features were provided in the automatic door closing system:Train will not start or take traction if any of the doors of the train is open.
- Automatic door will not open till the train comes to a complete halt.
- Door can open both from inside and from outside of the coach with the help of emergency exit device. This device can also be used if the door fails to open automatically when required. However, this emergency exit device will not operate when the train is in motion.
- The location of emergency door opening device (operating rotary handle near door) and the method of its operation is displayed inside the coach for guidance to the passenger.
- To avoid injury to passengers during closing operation of the door, doors will re-open thrice if any obstruction detection takes place. After first detection of obstruction there will be audio alarm to caution the passengers about door closing.
Passenger Carrying Capacity Coach Type-wise:
The rake comprised of three types of coaches to accommodate passengers; coach wise passenger capacity is as below:
|Coach Type||Seating Capacity||Standing capacity||Total|
|Driving Motor Coach||65||258||323|
|Non-Driving Motor Coach||65||258||323|
The total capacity of the rake is 5964 passengers with 1028 seating capacity and 4936 standing capacity.
The Head-light and speed indicator cum recorder have been fitted on the Driving Cab. Auxiliary Warning System, Dead man’s handle, Wheel slip protection are available. In addition, following items are provided:
Event recorder: Event Recorder is provided in each driving motor coach’s Train Control and Management System (TCMS). Faults and events generated in various systems in each Basic unit were stored in respective event recorder (TCMS) of Motor coach.
Passenger alarm indication light in all coaches: Each coach is provided with an indication light on both sides of the coach. These lights are integrated with alarm chain pulling system.
Emergency evacuation of passenger Guidance:
To evacuate the passengers in case of emergencies, emergency ladders are provided with signage inside the coach.
Fire Fighting System:
Each Air Condition coach is equipped with 2 Nos of Fire Extinguisher with instruction to operate and proper arrow marking sticker.
Crew/Guard and Passenger Communication System:
GPS based passenger information system is provided in the rake.
(a) Passenger Announcement- There is facility of Passenger announcement from motorman & guard cab to Passenger area.
(b) Inter Communication- There is duplex Inter Communication available between Driver and Guard.
(c) Coach Display in each coach- There are two single sided display and two double sided display in each coach. Also there are nine speakers provided in each coach for audio announcement by which motorman can communicate with passenger coach.
(d) LED based Head code display in English and Hindi with handicap and ladies coach position is provided in front of the both driving motor coaches.
(e) ETB: Emergency Talk Back unit is provided in the passenger areas (four in each coach) to communicate with motorman/guard during any emergency.