Bhojipura- Pilibhit gauge conversion – Salient Features
The schedule including timings, stoppages etc. of the train service is as under:
The gauge conversion work for Bhojipura-Philibhit-Tanakpur Section (107.79 Kms) was sanctioned in the year 2007-08. The revised cost for the gauge conversion work is 450 Crore. Indian Railways introduces 01 pair of passenger train between Bareilly City and Pilibhit via Izzatnagar and 04 pairs of passenger trains between Izzatnagar and Pilibhit (total 05 pairs) on newly Gauge Converted Bareilly City-Bhojipura-Pilibhit section (39.03Kms). This will link Bareilly City and Pilibhit via Izzatnagar.
Tentative timings of the trains are as under:
1. Primary maintenance – Lalkuan.
2. Composition – 8 General Seating + 2 Seating cum Luggage Rake = 10 Coaches.
Bhojipura- Pilibhit gauge conversion Project
Gauge Conversion of Bhojipura – Pilibhit (39 km) section of Bhojipura- Tanakpur (102 km) project.
Hot Topic : 362 Passenger Train Converted To Express
Hot Topic : 20 New Trains-Unity of Sardar Patel at Kevadiya Full Details
Hot Topic : Kumbh Mela 2021 Special Train Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
1. Year of Sanction : 2007-08
2. Anticipated cost : Rs 180.0 Cr. approx. part of
Rs 450.0 Cr for Bhojipura-Tanakpur
3. Districts covered : Bareilly & Pilibhit
4. Stations : 07 Nos
(a) Junction : 02 Nos (Bhojipura & Pilibhit)
(b) Crossing : 03 Nos (Sethal, Bijauria & Shahi)
(c) Halt : 02 Nos (Dibnapur & Lalaurikhera)
5. Level Crossings : 24 Nos.
6. Bridges : 51 Nos
(a) Major Bridge : 07 No
(b) Minor Bridge : 44 Nos
• This gauge conversion project was sanctioned in 2007-08 with a total length of 102 km and latest anticipated cost is Rs. 450 Cr. Out of this, 39 km long Bhojipura- Pilibhit is being opened today and approximate cost of this work is Rs. 180 Cr.
• There are 3 crossing stations and 2 halt stations between Bhojipura and Pilibhit. Bareilly and Pilibhit districts will be the direct beneficiaries of this project. Transportation of food grain, fertilizers in addition to passenger services is going to help economy of the region.
• With the rapid commissioning of Kanpur- Kasganj- Bareilly and Bareilly- Lalkuan gauge conversion projects, Bhojipura- Tanakpur section got cut off from adjacent sections. Therefore gauge conversion of this section became an immediate priority. Work on balance section i.e. Pilibhit- Tanakpur is also in progress.
• Railways have laid great emphasis on projects in Uttar Pradesh. There are as many as 62 ongoing projects in the state and the aggregate length of these projects is 6500 km.
• Outlay for projects in UP has been increased substantially in the last 3 years. The average annual outlay for projects in UP from 2009 to 2014 was Rs. 1100 Cr. This has been enhanced to Rs. 3400 Cr based upon average of the last three budgets. In 2016-17 alone, railways allotted Rs 5369 Cr for projects falling partly or fully in UP.
Source : PIB