Aadhaar Authentication Service for Senior Citizen passengers
Advance verification of Senior Citizens through Aadhaar is going to be mandatory to avail Senior Citizen concession in Railway booking soon.
Started as an optional feature during First phase, Senior Citizen passengers can authenticate their Aadhaar card on IRCTC website using “Master List” option in advance before proceeding for booking of Train Tickets.
1. From 1st January to 31st March 2017, Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be on voluntary basis.
2. With effect from 1st April 2017, Aadhaar verification for getting concessional tickets for senior citizens shall be mandatory.
Steps to Authenticate Aadhaar Details
1. Login using your IRCTC User ID and Password on IRCTC eTicketing website.
2. Click “Master List” link under “My Profile” menu.
3. While adding new senior citizen passengers in the Master list, provide correct and complete details i.e. Name, Date of Birth, Gender as mentioned in the Aadhaar Card. Thereafter, select Senior Citizen concession option as Yes/No, ID card type as Aadhaar ID and provide Aadhaar number.
4. Ensure that correct details as per Aadhaar Card have been submitted.
5. Click on “Add Passenger” button to Add Senior Citizen passenger and authenticate Aadhaar details.
6. Passengers will be added in the Master list with Verification Status as “Pending”.
7. To check the verification status of Aadhaar details, use “Click here to check pending Aadhaar verification status” option provided in the section.
Hot Topic : 362 Passenger Train Converted To Express
Hot Topic : 392 New Special Train from 20-10-2020
Hot Topic : 40 Clone Special Train from 21-09-2020
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
8. Verification status of Senior Citizen passengers who have authenticated their Aadhaar details successfully will be “Verified” and for failed authentications verification status will “Not Verified”.
9. Senior Citizen passengers already available in the Master list without Aadhaar verification can also be verified by using “Edit” option and submitting complete details including Aadhaar number.
Steps to Select Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers during Ticketing Booking
1. After successful verification of Aadhaar details, Senior Citizen passengers can be selected from Master List and added to the Passenger Details while booking ticket.
2. To add Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers in the Passenger details page, use “Select Passenger From Your Master List” link. A pop up with complete details of Passengers in the Master List will be displayed. Passengers selected from this page will be added to the Passenger entry form.
1. Selecting Senior Citizen passengers from the Master list is an optional feature as of now and soon will be mandatory.
2. After Aadhaar verification as a mandatory option for Senior Citizen concessions, Any Senior Citizen passenger availing concession will have to first authenticate his/her Aadhaar details and then select Aadhaar verified Senior Citizen passengers from Master list pop up during booking.