E Ticket Booking Indian Railways – Step by Step
• Register as an individual. Registration is FREE.
• Login by entering your user name and password.
• The “Plan my travel” page appears.
• If the From/To station selected by you are correct in the route of the train then :
• Select e-Ticket option.
• To find train list, click on “Submit” option.
• The List of Trains show the number of trains available for that route.
• If you wish to know the route and the timings, click on the train name under the “List of Trains” option.
• To get the fare, click on class available in the selected train under “List of Trains”. It will show fare according to type of class selected. The fare appearing is for a single adult Passenger and the service charges charged by IRCTC.
• To select the train from the train list, click on the type of class available in the selected train.
• If you will click on the class in the train list then it will show the train details with availability.
• To book tickets, click on “Book Now” button under availability option.
• If you wish to select other train, click on “RESET” button.
• Enter the names of the Passengers, age, sex and berth preference for each Passenger. The maximum length of names should be restricted to 15 characters. If the Passenger is a senior citizen (60 years and above for male and 58 years and above for female) and wants to avail Senior Citizens’ concession (40% of Base fare for male and 50% of base fare for female), click the box provided. Senior citizens are requested to carry some proof of age in original during their journey. A sample form is reproduced below. (The allotment of your required berth depends on the availability).
Hot Topic : Pink Book 2021-2022 Full Details
Hot Topic : IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Rules, Terms and Conditions
Hot Topic : Kumbh Mela 2021 Special Train Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
• The ticket details, availability of tickets at the particular time and the fare, including the service charge, appear on the screen, along with the payment option Follow the instructions.
• “Payment Option” Select the Payment Mode and Bank From the Drop Down List.
• Click on the “Make Payment” It redirect to selected Bank Site.
• After successful payment and booking of accommodations, the User is shown the ticket confirmation details along with a “Print Reservation Slip” Button. On clicking the button ERS is shown with an option to print.
• The customer can subsequently also print Electronic Reservation Slip from the ‘BOOKED TICKETS’ link on the left navigation bar.