Break Journey Rules – IRCTC
Break Journey Rules – IRCTC
Break Journey Ticket Booking – Break Journey Confirm Ticket
Holders of single journey tickets for distance of more than 500 kms. (Actual distance) are allowed to break journey once for two days at any station en-route. This facility can be availed only after traveling 500 Kms. from the starting station. If ticket is for more than 1000Kms, passenger will be allow to break journey twice. The day of departure and arrival must be excluded while calculating the number of eligible days for first break of journey and ticket should be endorsed by the station manager/ticket collector at the station where the break journey is intended .
1. This facility is not available to passengers traveling by Rajdhani/Shatbadi/Jan shatbadi express trains.
2. This facility is not permitted short of the station up to which reservation has been done.
3. Inentation to break journey is to be advised at the time of original booking and not after obtaining reservation.
|1||A passenger with single journey ticket for 800 kms. wants to break his journey at 423 kms.||not permissible|
|2||A passenger with single journey ticket for 600 kms. wants to break his journey at 501 kms.||Permitted once for 2 days maximum|
|3||A passenger with single journey ticket for 1050 kms. wants to break his journey at 400 kms. and 801 kms.||Only one break journey at 801 kms. is permitted for 2 days maximum|
|4||A passenger with single journey ticket for 2000 kms. wants to break journey at 800 kms., 905 kms. and 1505 kms.||Two break journeys permitted as per choice of passenger at the rate of two days maximum at each point of break of journey|
1. Whenever a through passenger detrains at a station en-route for catching a connecting train, it should not be treated as break journey provided such halt is for less than 24 hours. For example, the holder of a direct ticket from Pune to Jammu Tawi via Dadar travels from Pune to Bombay by any day train a day earlier in order to catch Bombay-Jammu Tawi Express next morning leaving Bombay at 6.25 hours shall not be treated as break journey.
Break of journey is not permissible on the tickets of certain trains like Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, etc., which have separate all inclusive fare structure on point-to-point basis, and therefore, refund on such partially used tickets is also not admissible.
2. Passengers are required to have their tickets endorsed. The endorsement shall consist of the Station Code, Station Master’s initials and the date.
Passengers breaking journey and not obtaining the endorsement as prescribed will be treated as persons traveling without a proper ticket and dealt with accordingly.
3. Passengers breaking the journey en-route except as provided in paragraph (1) above must surrender their tickets at the station where journey is broken. Refund for the un traveled portion on such tickets will be allowed in special circumstances only subject to the condition laid down in Rule 213,4 and provided also that the procedure given in that rule is followed.
4. Break journey shall not be permitted short of the station up to which reservation has been done. If a passenger seeking reservation on through tickets asks for break journey en route it should be clearly indicated on the Requisition form the names of the station where the break journey is requested. Reservation in this case will be done up to break journey station only.