Salient Features of Newly Commissioned Manoharabad-Gajwel New Rail Line
New Railway line Between Manoharabad – Gajwel Commissioned The 1st Phase of Manoharabad – Kottapalli New rail line project Completed in a record time of 24 months
A new railway line for a distance of 31 kms between of Manoharabad – Gajwel constructed as a part of Manoharabad – Kottapalli new Rail line project in Telangana region is completed and commissioned in all aspects. This new railway line fulfils the long-cherished dream and aspirations of the people hailing from Gajwel area. Commissioning of this new railway line gives impetus for socio economic growth of this region and brings hitherto unconnected areas into rail map.
Manoharabad – Kottapalli new rail line project was sanctioned in the year 2016 for a distance of 151 kms with a detailed estimated cost of Rs 1160 crore, for which foundation stone has been laid in the year 2016 by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The project is being executed in 5 phases and completion of the 1st phase between Manoharabad – Gajwel for a distance of 31 kms marks new accomplishment of rail projects in Telangana.
Manoharabad – Kottapalli is a prestigious project in the state of Telangana and passes through hinterland areas of five districts of Telangana connecting important towns like Gajwel, Siddipet, Textile hub of Telangana i.e., Sircilla and temple town Vemulawada. once the project is completed, it will provide direct and shortest rail connectivity to Karimnagar from the capital city of Telangana. This is a cost sharing project with 2/3rd cost by Railways and 1/3rd cost is being borne by Government of Telangana. The total land for this project is being provided free of cost by Telangana state government including annuity for the first five years. The 5 phases of the project are: –
Phase – I : Manoharabad-Gajwel (31 km)
Phase – II : Gajwel – Kodakandla (10 km)
Phase – III : Kodakandla – Siddipet (34 km)
Phase – IV : Siddipet – Sircilla (37 Km)
Phase – V : Sircilla – Kothapalli (39 km)
Salient Features of newly commissioned Manoharabad – Gajwel new rail line
- Manoharabad – Gajwel new rail line connects Manoharabad in Medak district and Gajwel in Siddipet District with enroute two halt stations namely Nacharam & Elkal Begumpet.
- To complete this new line a total 500 acres has been acquired in a short span of one year from Medak and Siddipet Districts.
- The work was started in 2018 and the section of 31 kms was completed within a record time of 2 years.
- Meticulous planning has been done to execute this project which includes rehabilitation of houses at Appayapally village and planning of diversions across busiest National Highway No. 44 (the longest North – South National Highway connecting Kashmir and Kanyakumari).
- Manoharabad junction station was commissioned well in advance to ease the rail panels movement into the section.
- For the first time on South Central Railway, a bow string girder of span 51 meters was launched near Gajwel outer ring road to facilitate the mega planning to be executed by Gajwel Urban Development authority.
- Pre-Stressed Concrete (PSC) Girders casting depot was established in advance to avoid delay in construction of bridges. Around 01 lakh cubic metres of ballast was collected in advance for linking the track.
- The track alignment passes through the difficult terrain of 04 major Hillocks. Around 22 lakhs cubic meters of earth work in embankment and 12 lakhs cubic meters of earth work in cutting including 04 lakhs cubic meters of rock cutting was completed.
- Total 61 bridges were constructed including 04 major bridges and 45 minor bridges. All the surface Level crossings were avoided by providing major & minor RUBs and ROBs.
- PSC girders were used for construction of all major bridges and all these girders were launched with high power cranes. Road over Bridges were meticulously planned in the cuttings to reduce the approach cost.
- Tunnel Audit was constructed to facilitate the underground irrigation canal system of Kaleswaram Project.
- The new railway line section is constructed without any level crossing gates.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR expressed happiness over successful completion of the new line between Manoharabad – Gajwel , while complimenting Shri Amit Goel, Chief Administrative Officer(Construction), SCR, Shri N. Sita Ram Prasad, Divisional Railway Manager, Hyderabad Division and other senior Officials and staff who played an active role in completion of the project. He opined that this new railway line will not only be a step towards development of transportation sector in this region, but will also be a source of empowerment for many, making travel to the metro cities comfortable and easy.