Noida Metro Rail Resume Aqua Line for Public from 07.09.2020
NMRC TO RESUME OPERATIONS WITH 15 MINUTES FREQUENCY AND REDUCED TIMINGS, PASSENGERS TO WEAR MASKS AND FOLLOW SOCIAL DISTANCING
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (NMRC) is all set to resume its Aqua Line services in Unlock 4 from 7th September 2020 (Monday). Travelling in the Aqua Line will be a different experience for metro commuters as it will be mandatory for all passengers to wear masks and follow the rules of social distancing and other rules and regulations issued by the Government.
In this regard, NMRC is making necessary preparations at all its stations and inside the trains to ensure that all passengers of the Aqua Line follow the guidelines laid down by the Government for prevention of the Covid 19 infection. The main objective of NMRC is to provide a safe travelling experience for its commuters with all specified safety measures and precautions to safeguard against spread of COVID-19.
The measures being taken by NMRC are enumerated below:
A. Operations and Frequency
- Metro services on Aqua Line will commence from 7th September 2020 (Monday).
- Initially NMRC will run trains with reduced operational timings i.e. 7 AM to 11 AM in the morning and 5 PM to 9 PM in the evening with a frequency of 15 minutes from Monday to Saturday.
- On Sundays the services will start from 8 AM to 11 AM and from 5 PM to 9 PM in the evenings.
- Temperature inside the trains will be maintained in the range of 24-30 degree Celsius.
- As of now, trains will stop at all the stations, However, based on the future notification, stations falling in containment zones will remain closed for commuters. Such changes will be informed to the commuters through public notice, announcement and updating the NMRC website and applications.
B. Cleaning and Sanitisation of Trains and Stations
- Intensive cleaning and sanitization of station areas and the trains as a whole will be carried out daily during night hours.
- Passengers’ contact area such as Call buttons of lifts, AFC gates, Handle belts of Escalators & Staircases, POS machines etc. at Stations will be sanitized at regular intervals.
C. Passenger Screening and other Guidelines to be followed at the Stations
- Only the passengers with face mask will be allowed.
- Every passenger will be screened by Thermal sensors.
- The limiting maximum temperature for travel permission will be 37.7 degree centigrade.
- Passengers having “Aarogya Setu” app with Green status will be allowed.
- Persons entering NMRC premises will have to apply hand sanitizer after screening
- To ensure adequate Social distance, markings for standing the passengers have been made at 1 metre spacing at frisking zones, TOM counters and Platforms.
- Commuters should avoid touching the AFC Gates while scanning the QR tickets or Smart Cards.
- On escalators, a gap of at least one step should be maintained between two users.
- Generally, all lifts will be closed. However, in case of request for senior citizens & physically challenged passengers, lift will be made available on request.
- Digital payments will be preferred.
D. Guidelines for travelling Inside the Trains
- Passengers shall maintain adequate social distance. For this purpose, suitable markings have been made inside the coaches.
- Crowd inside the train as well as at station/platform will be monitored through CCTV from the Control Rooms. If more crowd is are observed, entry at the station will be restricted.
- Passengers will be advised to refrain from touching any surface inside the metro stations or trains.
E. Entry / Exit at Stations.
- At the following stations only one gate will be kept open for entry / exit, Sector – 101, Sector- 81, NSEZ, Sector-83, Sector -137, Sector-142,Sector-143, Sector – 144, Sector – 145, Sector – 146, Sector -147, Sector -148, Alpha -1, Delta – 1 and GNIDA Office.
- At following 6 stations, both entrance gates will be kept open for commuters Sector – 51, Sector –50, Sector –76, KP-II, Pari chowk, Depot Station .
F. Information to the Public in the form of Signages, Announcements and Digital Displays
- For information and awareness of the Commuters, provision of suitable signages and announcements have been made available inside the stations and trains.
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.
NMRC STATEMENT ON RESUMING OPERATIONS
As per the latest guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs under Unlock-4, the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) will be resuming its services on the Aqua Line for public from 7th September 2020 onwards in a caliberated manner.
Further details on the Metro functioning and its usage by the general public will be shared once the detailed SOP on Metros is issued by the Ministery of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the Uttar Pradesh Government in the next few days.
When Noida Metro Rail update Metro Rail Time Table, Schedule, Route, Fare and Passenger Guidelines.
We will update this page soon after the announcement of metro rail services.