Kosi Rail Mahasetu Mega Bridge Salient Features
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (mega bridge) to the nation through video-conference tomorrow. Apart from this, the Prime Minister will also inaugurate 12 rail projects related to passenger facilities for the benefit of the Bihar. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will also be present on this occasion.
The 1.9 km long Kosi mega bridge has been completed at a total cost of 516 crore. With the construction of the bridge the rail distance between Nirmali and Saraigarh would come down from the present 298 kms to 22 kms.
The project was completed during the COVID-pandemic where the migrant labour also participated. The dedication of this project will fulfil the 86 year old dream and the long wait of the people of the region.During the heavy flood and severe Indo Nepal earthquake in 1934,the rail link was washed away and thereafter due to meandering nature of river Kosi no attempt was made to restore this rail link for long period.
The bridge has connected Mitihila and Kosi region.This bridge is of strategic importance along Indo – Nepal border. It would also make it easy for long distance travel to Kolkata, Delhi and Mumbai for the people of the region.
PM will also flag off a demu train from Supaul railway station on Saharsa – Adampur – Kupaha section.
Among the 12 other projects to be inaugurated by the PM are two new railway lines,five electrification projects,one electric locomotive shed and third line project between Barh and Bakhatiarpur.
The two new railway line projects that the PM will inaugurate are Hajipur- Ghoswar – Vaishali section as well as Islampur – Nateshar section and Karnauti- Bakhtiarpur by pass rail line between Barh – Bakhtiarpur.
The railway electrification projects include Muzaffarpur- Sitamarhi sections, Katihar- New Jalpaiguri, Samastipur- Khagaria, Bhagalpur – Shivnarayanpur and Samastipur – Jaiagar sections.
Hot Topic : Puja Special Train Full List from 15-10-2020
Hot Topic : 392 New Special Train from 20-10-2020
Hot Topic : 40 Clone Special Train from 21-09-2020
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
- Clone Special train between New Delhi and Rajgir (Train No. 03391/ 03392)
- Clone Special train between New Delhi and Saharsa (Train No. 02563/ 02564)
- Clone Special train between New Delhi and Darbhanga (Train No. 02569/ 02570)
- Clone Special train between Muzaffarpur and Delhi (Train No. 02573/ 02574)
- Clone Special train between Rajendra Nagar and New Delhi (Train No. 03293/ 03294)
- Northern Railway 5 Pairs Clone Special Trains List – Click Here
- East Central Railway 5 Pairs Clone Special Trains List – Click Here
- Western Railway 5 Pairs Clone Special Trains List – Click Here
- South Western Railway 3 Pairs Clone Special Trains List – Click Here
- South Central Railway 1 Clone Special Train – Click Here
- Northeast Frontier Railway 1 Clone Special Train – Click Here