Notification Procedure for Obtaining Photo Identity Card for Phisically Challended Persons for Booking of e-Tickets
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING PHOTO IDENTITY CARD FOR PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED PERSONS FOR BOOKING OF e-TICKETS THROUGH IRCTC AND COUNTER TICKETS.
Procedure for obtaining Photo identity card for Physically Challenged Persons i.e., Orthopedically handicapped/ Totally Deaf & Dumb (both afflictions together in the same person) / Mentally Retarded / Completely Blind persons is as under:
- Physically challenged persons entitled for Railway concession should approach Commercial Branch, Divisional Railway Manager’s Office, Bangalore, along with a covering letter with the following documents viz.,
i.) Concession Certificate obtained from the competent Doctor/Hospital within the jurisdiction of Bangalore Division. (Blind persons can also obtain concession certificate from the Head of the Institution for the Blind recognized by Ministry of Welfare/Govt of India or Social Welfare Dept of the State Government)
ii.)Valid Photo Identity Proof viz., Voter Identity Card, Passport, PAN , card, Driving Licence, Aadhaar Card.
iii. ) Date of Birth Proof,
iv.)Valid Address Proof and
v.)Two recent passport size photographs
Either in -person or by post for issuing Railway Photo Identity Card by submitting one set of attested photocopies (self attested) of the said documents. The covering letter should be addressed to Senior Divisional Commercial Manager, South Western Railway, Divisional Railway Manager’s Office Complex, Bangalore-560023. If the requisition letter is sent by post, the envelope containing the’ documents and covering letter should be super-scribes as “ Application for issue of Railway Identity Card for Physically Challenged Persons for ticketing” and should be sent to Senior Divisional Commercial Manager, South Western Railway, Divisional Railway Manager’s Office Complex, Bangalore-560023. The Physically challenged person should provide their mobile number Landline number for communication while applying for the card.
- Applications in person will be accepted on all working days (Monday to Friday except National holidays) between 10.00 am to 05.00 pm.
- Only non-laminated concession certificate obtained from competent authority lying in the area within the jurisdiction of Bangalore Railway Division will be considered for issuing photo identity cards.
- Photo Identity card will be issued to the eligible persons· after verification of the concession form and other factual details. Mere acceptance or submission of the requisition letter and relevant documents does not guarantee issue of Photo Identity card. Incomplete applications received without relevant/valid documents and ineligible persons will be summarily rejected.
- After due verification the applicant will be informed telephonically to collect the card. The Physically challenged person or their representative (with a proper authority letter and ID card) can collect the card showing the original certificates.
- After getting the Photo Identity card, the cardholder or their authorized representative should get it laminated and get it activated at the Reservation Office. Concessional tickets can be obtained on the basis of the Photo identity card only after the card is activated.
- The validity of the card will be five years from the date of issue of the Photo Identity Card or till the last date up to which the concession certificate is valid, whichever is earlier.
- In case of misuse/fraudulent use of the card comes to the notice, the Railway Administration will disable the card and no transactions would be permitted by_the system on such Disabled Cards and previous reservations done on such cards would also be seized/ cancelled.
- In case of loss of a photo identity card with Unique ID Number, another card will be issued after disabling the existing card by following the same procedure and submitting the copy of the FIR. After disabling of a card, no fresh booking would be possible but cancellations of reservations done prior to disabling of the card would be permitted by the system.
- At the time of expiry of validity of the card, new card may be obtained by submitting a fresh application and following the same procedure upto three months before expiry of the validity period of the card. Old card should be surrendered for disabling before/ at the time of issuing new card.
- For any other queries/ clarification please call 080-22155333 (Monday to Friday between 10.00 am to 05.00 pm).
Senior Divisional Commercial Manager,