IRCTC Catering Services-Precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Passengers kindly note that IRCTC has initiated actions/changes with regard to catering services provided at stations & in trains as a precaution to prevent the spread of COVID
As a precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19 it has been decided by the Competent Authority to take the following action regarding IRCTC units:-
1. The Food Plazas, Refreshment Rooms, Jan Aahars & Cell Kitchens should be closed until further advice.
2. The static units supplying meals to the prepaid trains which are in operation may continue to operate.
3. The on board catering services in Mail Exp trains & TSV trains should be closed until further advice.
4. If there is demand of on board services then only PAD items, Tea & Coffee may be allowed to be sold in the train. Such operation should be conducted using the minimum number of staff.
5. The licensee should be requested to take care of their catering staff on humanitarian ground during this period of closure.
6. These instructions shall come into force from 22.03.2020.
7. List of such mobile and static units shall be intimated to the CO.
8. For the purpose of license fee this period will be covered under force majeure. If there is demand license is permitted to sell PAD items. Tea & Coffee.