IRCTC Senior Citizen Age Proof | Senior Citizen ID Proof for IRCTC
Senior Citizen Concession in Indian Railways
Senior Citizen Concession
What is Senior citizen concession?
Indian Railways grant concession in the fares of all classes of Mail / Express / Rajdhani / Shatabdi / Jan Shatabdi / Duronto group of trains to Male Senior Citizens of minimum 60 years and Female Senior Citizen of minimum 58 years.
The element of concession is 40% for men and 50% for women.
What is the process to avail senior citizen concession?
Male Senior Citizens of minimum 60 years and Female Senior Citizen of minimum 58 years can avail senior citizen concession on IRCTC e-ticketing website www.irctc.co.in by providing correct Age and selecting “Avail Concession” option under “Option for Senior Citizen Concession” section of Passenger Details form.
Passengers availing Senior Citizen concession have to carry a proof of age while travelling.
No proof of age is required at the time of purchasing tickets. However, they are required to carry some documentary proof as prescribed showing their age or date of birth and have to produce it if demanded by on-board ticket checking staff. Senior citizens can book reserved tickets across the reservation counters as well as through internet.
IRCTC ID Proof List | Indian Railways Accepted ID Proof
Proof of identity of Passengers journey by Train
ID Proof for Railway Passengers
ACCEPTANCE OF IDENTITY CARDS ISSUED TO THE PASSENGERS AS PROOF OF IDENTITY OF PASSENGERS FOR UNDERTAKING JOURNEY BY TRAIN
Hot Topic : Puja Special Train Full List from 15-10-2020
Hot Topic : 392 New Special Train from 20-10-2020
Hot Topic : 40 Clone Special Train from 21-09-2020
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
For the benefits of the travelling public, the following proofs of identity are considered as valid for undertaking journey in any reserved class of Indian Railways:
- Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India.
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
- Driving license issued by RTO.
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/ State Government.
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/ College for their students.
- Nationalised Bank Passport with photograph.
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
- Unique Identification Card-Aadhaar, m-Adhaar & e-Aadhaar.
- Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertaking of State/ Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
- In case reserved tickets booked through computerised Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters, for undertaking journey in Sleeper (SL) & Second Reserved Sitting (2S) classes, attested photocopy of Ration card with photographs and Nationalised Bank Passbook with photograph are also accepted.
- Photo identity cards with serial number issued to Advocates by the Bar Councils of India may also be accepted as proof of identity of passengers for undertaking journey by train.