Railway Budget For Kerala
Rail Budget for Kerala 2021-2022
Allocation of Railway Budget for Kerala for the year 2021-22, for building world-class rail infrastructure.
On Going Railway Projects
- 9 New Railway Line and Doubling Projects Costing Rs. 8,799 Crore for 458 Kilo Meter
- Total Outlay 2021-22 is Rs. 871 Crore
- Total Budget allocation in 2021-22 is 134% more than the Average of 2009-14.
Note: Projects falling fully and partly in the state
In Tamil Nadu, 27 on GOING projects costing Rs.30,961 crores over 3,128 kms length falling fully/partly in the state are under different stages of planning / execution.
Some of the projects in Tamil Nadu under the Vision 2024 are:
- Chennai Beach – Attipattu 4th Line and Chengalpattu – Villupuram Doubling which are completed.
- Omalur – Metturdam Doubling got an allocation of Rs.25.5 crores and is targeted for completion in March 21.
- Salem – Magnesite – Omalur doubling got Rs.35 crores and is targeted for completion in August 2022.
- New line projects of Madurai – Tuticorin via Aruppukkottai and Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi line got Rs.20 crores and Rs.75 crores respectively.
- The doubling of Maniyachi – Nagercoil got Rs.200 crores and the Madurai – Maniyachi – Tuticorin doubling got Rs. 300 crores in this year’s budget.
In Kerala, 9 on GOING projects costing Rs.8,799 crores over 458 kms length falling fully / partly in the stae are under different stages of planning / execution.
Some of the projects in Kerala under the Vision 2024 are:
- Kurupanthara – Chingavanam doubling which got Rs.170 crores
- Ambalapuzha – Haripad Doubling which got Rs.15 crores and is targeted for completion in March 2021. Besides these, the
- Turavur – Ambalapuzha doubling, Kumbalam – Thuravur Patch doubling and Ernakulam – Kumbalam doubling got Rs.10 crores each
- Trivandrum – Kanniyakumari doubling got Rs.275 crores.
The Karnataka portion of Southern Railway in Mangalore also got covered in this year’s budget as Kankanadi – Panambur doubling got Rs.40 crores and is targeted for completion by May 2021. Besides this, under Vision 2024 an additional Platform Line, and provision of new 24 coach pit line in lieu of existing 18 coach pit line at Mangalore Central under traffic facility works are in progress and is targeted for completion by March 2022.
General Manager also highlighted that Southern Railway will complete electrification of all the broad gauge route in its jurisdiction by Dec-2023.He pointed out that an allocation of Rs. 146 crores will give a big push for Signal & Telecom Infrastructure. Major works involves setting up of Modern centralised Train Control System in Chennai- Gudur and Chenni – Renigunta route, Train Collision and Avoidance System (TCAS), LTE and Train Management System. He also stated that vistadome coaches will be introduced in the scenic sections which are to be identified.
Focus on Capacity Enhancement : Substantial Outlay for Southern Railway in Budget 2021-22
Indian Railways received the highest ever Plan Capex of Rs.2,15,058 Crores this year with Rs.7,500 Crores from internal resources, Rs.1,00,258 Crores from Extra budgetary resources and Rs.1,07,300 Crores as Gross Budgetary Support.
- Southern Railway has been granted an amount of Rs.3855 crore as budgetary allocation for the year 2021-2022. The outlay is Rs.1296 crores for doubling, Rs.178 crores towards gauge conversion and Rs.224.57 crores for passenger amenities.
- Budget Grant for Passenger Amenities for 2021-22 at Rs. 224.57 Crores is the highest ever allotment under this head for Southern Railway. Budget Grant for Passenger amenities has increased by 13.35% over previous year’s grant with Rs.100 Crores provided from the Capital itself. Considerable Grant allotted for Soft Upgrades at Stations (Rs.89 Cr.) and for FOBs and PF raising (Rs.87.52 Cr.).
- For enhanced thrust on safety of train operations, Rs.1116 Crores has been allotted for Track renewal works over Southern Railway.
Budgetary Grant (BG) under various Plan heads
|PH No.||Plan Head||Budget Grant|
|11||New Lines (Construction)||95.00|
|22||Leased Assets-Payments of Capital components||1028.02|
|29||RSW – LC||92.78|
|30||RSW – ROB/RUB||415.61|
|33||S & T Works||146.30|
|36||OEW Works incl. TRD||58.31|
|41||Machinery & Plant||26.32|
|42||Workshops & Sheds||51.43|
|65||TRG / HRD||5.75|
Budget grant for important ongoing works
|No||Plan Head||Section||Budget Grant (In Rs. Crores)|
|1.||New Line||Madurai – Tuticorin Via Aruppukkottai (143.5 km)||20.00|
|Rameswaram – Dhanushkodi (17.2 km)||75.00|
|2.||Gauge Conversion||Tiruchchirappali – Nagore- Karaikal with extension of Nagapatinam – Velankani – Tiruthuraipandi incl. new material modification of Karaikal – Peralam (23 km)||88.99|
|Quilon – Tirunelveli – Tiruchendur & Tenkasi – Virudhunagar (357 km)||2.0|
|Cuddalore – Salem via Vriddhachalam(191 Km)||15.00|
|Madurai – Bodinayakkanur (90.41 km)||71.01|
|3.||Doubling||Kankanadi – Panambur Patch doubling (19 km)||40.00|
|Tambaram – Chengalpattu – 3rd line GC||60.54|
|Kuruppanthara – Chingavanam (26.54 Km)||170.00|
|Ambalapuzha – Harippad (18.13Km)||15.00|
|Ernakulam – Kumbalam patch doubling (7.71 Km)||10.00|
|Omalur – Mettur Dam Doubling with Electrification(29.03 Km)||25.50|
|Kumbalam – Thuravur Patch doubling (15.59 Km)||10.00|
|Trivandrum – Kanyakumari (86.56 Km)||275.00|
|Madurai – Maniyachchi – Tuticorin (160 Km)||300.00|
|Turavur – Ambalapuzha (50 Km)||10.00|
|Maniyachchi – Nagercoil (102 Km)||200.00|
|Netravati – Mangalore Central(1.5 Km)||5.00|
|Salem – Magnesite Jn-Omalur (11 Km)||35.00|
|Chennai Beach – Chennai Egmore (4.3 Km)||5.00|
Budget Grant for important ongoing Eelctrification works:
|No.||Section||Budget Grant (In Rs.Crores)|
|1||Villupuram – Cuddalore Port – Mayiladuturai – Thanjavur& Mayiladuturai – Thiruvarur||40.00|
|2||Kollam – Punalur||19.29|
|3||Shoranur – Mangalore – Panambur||4.12|
|4||Pollachi – Podanur||4.43|
|5||Dindigul – Palghat||86.93|
|6||Tiruchchirapalli – Manamadurai-Virudunagar||76.57|
|7||Salem – Vridachalam – Cuddalore Port||50.22|
|8||Virudunagar – Tenkasi Jn||54.45|
|9||Tiruchchirappalli – Nagapattinam – Karaikkal Port||11.09|
|10||Sengottai – Tenkasi Jn. – Tirunelveli – Tiruchendur||70.95|
|11||Madurai – Manamadurai Jn. – Rameswaram||87.76|
|12||Shoranur – Nilambur||28.14|
Important New works sanctioned
|Track Renewal Works|
|Sl.No.||Name of the work||Allocation||Sanctioned|
|1||PB No.786: Southern Railway Primary Track Renewal namely TRR & TSR (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||205.05|
|2.||PB No.787: Southern Railway Complete Track Renewal (Primary) (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||190.95|
|3.||PB No.788: Southern Railway Through Fastening renewal, Through Ballast renewal, Through Formation Treatment, ISD, TBTR and Through Weld Renewal, etc. (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||338.64|
|4.||PB No.789: Southern Railway Through Turnout Renewal, Removal of SEJs, Glued Joints, etc. (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||318.22|
|5.||PB No.790: Southern Railway Secondary Track Renewal namely CTR, TRR & TSR (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||63.49|
|PH-32 Bridge Works, Tunnel Works and Approaches|
|6.||PB No.844: Southern Railway Replacement of girders / slabs, rehabilitation / strengthening of sub-structure & super-structure, rebuilding of bridges, bridge protection works, instrumentation & monitoring of bridges and additional waterway (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||150.00|
|PH-36 Other Electrical Works, Including TRD|
|7.||PB No.906 :Southern Railway Replacement / Maintenance works of traction distribution over Indian Railways (Umbrella work 2021-22)||RRSK||170.00|