South Western Railway Budget 2020
South Western Railway Budget 2020 Highlights
The Rail Budget 2020-21 allocated to South Western Railway has been given special attention to passenger facilities and rail safety.
Budget Grant for the year 2020-21 for some important ongoing works is as under:
- New Lines Rayadurg – Tumkur via Kalyandurg- Rs.170 ( In Rs. Cr)
- New Lines Bagalkot-Kudachi- Rs.37 ( In Rs. Cr)
- New Lines Tumkur-Chitradurg-Davangere- Rs.128 ( In Rs. Cr)
- New Lines Gadag- Wadi- Rs.156 ( In Rs. Cr)
- New Lines Shimoga-Shikaripura-Ranebennur – Rs.10 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Hospet-Hubli-Londa-Tinaighat-Vasco da Gama – Rs.225 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Hotgi-Kudgi-Gadag – Rs.200 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Yalahanka-Penukonda – Rs.155 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Hubli – Chikjajur – Rs.171 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Arsikere – Tumkur Rs.202
- Doubling Railway Line Yesvantpur – Channasandra – Rs.5 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line Penukonda-Dharmavaram – Rs.20 ( In Rs. Cr)
- Doubling Railway Line aiyyappanahalli-Hosur – Rs.5 ( In Rs. Cr)
- SWR received total budget grant of Rs.2709 Cr.(including capital and EBR (IF)etc.,which is highest ever grant,after formation of zone
- With Rs.786 Cr. expected as deposit from Govt of Karnataka towards New lines and ROB/RUB , total Budget grant will be Rs. 3495 Cr.
- Provision of Automatic Signalling with Centralized Traffic Control is sanctioned in Bengaluru -Jolarpettai section
- Provision of Automatic Signalling from Yesvantpur to Yelhanka is sanctioned
- Improvement of station building,FOB at Krishnarajapuram station will be taken up
- Remodelling of Hassan yard will be taken up to facilitate dealing of trains from Bengaluru to Mangaluru directly without engine reversal
- 9no.s of Road Over Bridges and 15 no.s of Road under Bridges sanctioned
- Lifts at various stations including Bellary and Dharmapuri will be taken up.
- Improvements to amenities at stations at Rs. 126 Cr. will be taken up (2 new works sanctioned )
- Rs.122 Cr. allotted to ongoing passenger amenity works
- State of the art Signalling system will be provided in Bengaluru-Dharmavaram and Bengaluru-Jolarpettai sections etc.in 30% of route length of SWR ,covering all important routs
- New Line between Dharwad to Blagavi via Kittur sanctioned,upon follow up with Shri SureshAngadi,Hon’ble MoSR
- Composite Repair shop will be set up in Kolar at cost of Rs.495 Cr.,instead of Coach Factory proposed initially
ShrA.K.Singh ,GM/SWR expressed satisfaction and told that this budget will give boost to ongoing infrastructure works in SWR.
Click Here to Download Pink Book