Covid-19 IRCTC Refund Rules – Covid-19 Railway Refund Rules
Indian Railway Refund Rules Due to Covid-19
RELAXATION IN REFUND RULES TO AVOID CROWDING
Govt. Advisory in wake of Covid -19 to avoid crowding and practice social distancing. Indian Railways relaxes Refund Rules for PRS counter generated tickets.
All rules for e-ticket remain the same as passenger does not need to come to Station for refund of ticket.
This relaxation for PRS Counter Generated tickets is for journey period from 21st March – 15 April 2020.
1) CASE 1- Train cancelled by Railways for journey period 21 March – 15 April 2020.
Hot Topic : IRCTC introduce 200 New trains Daily Time Tabled, Schedule, Route, Fare from 01-06-2020
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
Hot Topic : Runs on only 15 Pair of special trains (thirty trains) Full Details and Shramik specials Trains
- Refund across counter can be taken on submission of Ticket upto 45 days from date of journey. (Instead of extant rule of 3 hours/72 hours)
CASE 2: Train NOT cancelled. Passenger does NOT want to perform journey.
- TDR ( Ticket Deposit Receipt) can be filed within 30 days from date of journey at the station. (Instead of extant rule of 3 days)
- TDR can be submitted to CCO/ CCM Claims office for getting the refund within 60 days of filing of TDR subject to verification from Train chart. (Instead of extant rule of 10 days)
- for passengers who want cancel ticket through 139 can get refund across the counter within 30 days from date of journey. (Instead of extant rule of upto scheduled departure of the train.)
PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED TO AVAIL THE FACILITY AND AVOID COMING TO RAILWAY STATION DURING THE SPREAD OF VIRUS