Refund of ticket fares for trains cancellation on account of COVID-19
1) In pursuance of Railway Board’s instructions, Southern Railway is arranging full refund to ticket fares for trains cancelled after 22/03/2020 on account of COVID-19
2) The refund of ticket fares are being granted on line at www.irctc.co.in for all tickets on the website.
3) Passengers may note that for counter tickets, 100% refund will be made available for all the cancelled trains (After 22/03/2020) upto 180 days from the date of journey. Hence, there is no urgency to come to the counters.
4) In view of the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic in Tamil Nadu, the refund for stations in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry will be disbursed slightly later in a staggered manner. This is in order to ensure that social distancing norms are not violated by queues at various stations for disbursal of the refunds. The dates for starting refunds at Stations in Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry will be intimated shortly
5) The following procedure will be followed for tickers booked at Counters in Kerala and Karnataka
The refunds will be made available in a staggered manner a shown below so as to minimize the queues at the counters and to ensure social distancing for the protection of our customers.
Refunds will be available in counters in various divisions as follows:
I. KERALA :
Trivandrum Central, Kollam Jn, Kayankulam, Chengannur, Tiruvalla, Kottayam, Alleppey, Ernakulam Jn, Ernakulam Town, Aluva, Thrisur
II) KARNATAKA :
6) The staggered disbursal of refunds will be carried out at all the above counters in the following manner:
|Journey Commencing Date
|Date of Refund on PRS Counters
|22.03.2020 to 31.03.2020
|From 27.05.2020 onwards
|01.04.2020 to 14.04.2020
|From 03.06.2020 onwards
|15.04.2020 to 30.04.2020
|From 09.06.2020 onwards
|01.05.2020 to 15.05.2020
|From 16.06.2020 onwards
|16.05.2020 to 31.05.2020
|From 23.06.2020 onwards
|01.06.2020 to 30.06.2020
|From 28.06.2020 onwards
7) All COVID-19 precautions should be strictly enforced at the counters. Social distancing norms should be ensured in queues and between queues. No persons will be allowed at the PRS Counters without wearing the masks. The staff are instructed to wear gloves and masks and frequent use of sanitizers will be resorted to while handling cash. The counters will also be sanitized frequently
8) Our esteemed passengers are requested to follow the above precautions keeping in mind that there is time available upto 6 months from the date of travel for collecting the full refunds.