IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Rules | IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Terms and Conditions
IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking – Online Bus Booking IRCTC
IRCTC has introduced online bus booking services in 22 States and 3 Union Territories, providing overall travel experience to the passengers. Travelers can now book seats at their convenience.
IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Guidelines
1. What are the advantages of online bus booking?
- There are many advantages of online bus ticket booking.
- You can choose your preferred seats.
- Online bus ticket booking keeps you away from the long queues of the offline ticket counters.
- You can view plenty of buses and choose an appropriate bus for your travel considering the amenities, reviews, ratings and bus images available.
- You can choose the preferred bus type (Volvo Bus, AC or Non AC) and also pickup and dropping point and timings.
- Your tickets can be booked at a reasonable price with multiple payment options.
2. Can we book state road transport corporation buses from IRCTC?
- Yes, almost all fleets of state road transport corporation buses will be enabled from IRCTC. For example, UPSRTC, APSRTC, GSRTC, OSRTC, Kerala RTC, etc.
3. Is it compulsory to carry the printout of the ticket to board the bus?
- The bus operators validate e-tickets received on your e-mail or available on the app. But, it is advisable to carry the e-ticket’s print out to be on a safer side for a hassle-free travel experience. It is also advisable to carry a govt. identity card to verify your identity before boarding the bus.
4. What if I miss the bus? Will I get a refund?
- Refund will not be initiated if you miss the bus. A refund is initiated in case of bus operator cancels the bus and have not provided any other bus as an alternate option. IRCTC will process the refund to the customer on receiving the amount from the bus operator only.
IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Step by Step
5. How to book bus tickets online through IRCTC?
- Log on to bus.irctc.co.in
- Select From / To with travel date
- Choose bus date / time wise
- Choose seat
- Enter your personal details
- Make payment
6. By when can I get bus no. or driver details.
- You will be notified by SMS with bus no. boarding point and driver’s contact no. 2 hours before the scheduled bus departure.
7. Do I need to create an account to book bus tickets on IRCTC?
- IRCTC login credentials can be used for booking the bus tickets. In case, customer does not have IRCTC login he can book through guest user login by providing required email id and mobile no.
8. Can I cancel my bus ticket at any time?
- Yes, you can. Cancellations can only be done online for online bookings through www.bus.irctc.co.in.
9. If Bus booked online, can it be cancelled through counter and vice versa?
- No, tickets booked online can be cancelled online only.
10. Can I book SRTC bus tickets on IRCTC?
- Yes, you can book SRTC (State Road Transport Corporation) bus tickets using our website.
11. What are the payment options that IRCTC accepts?
Hot Topic : Pink Book 2021-2022 Full Details
Hot Topic : IRCTC Bus Ticket Booking Rules, Terms and Conditions
Hot Topic : Kumbh Mela 2021 Special Train Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Fare Table Full List
Hot Topic : Railway Private Train List
- We accept all payment options to complete your booking like Debit card, Credit card, Net banking, Wallets and UPI.
12. How many passengers can be booked in one transaction?
- Maximum 6 passengers can be booked in one transaction.
13. Can group booking be made online?
- No. However, for details may contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Is name change or gender change permissible?
- No, name change or gender change is not allowed. In case of changes, it is to be cancelled and go for fresh booking.
15. Is ID Proof Required for Booking?
- No. However, it is mandatory to carry one govt. id card having the same name on the ticket.
16. Where to complaint / seek information?
- Email us at email@example.com or call us at 1800110139
17. Does payment deducted confirm bus booking?
- Once ticket no. is generated than it is deemed to be a confirmed booking.
18. What are the various bus types?
- Please visit our website www.bus.irctc.co.in for details. There are various types of buses depending upon route and timings.
19. What is the age of child for the booking the BUS?
- Child above 5 years with seat requirement will have to pay the full fare.
20. While booking the amount was debited but ticket no. was not generated. What should I do?
- Amount would be refunded within 3-5 working days in the same account.
21. What should I do if I don’t see the confirmation of my booking on my screen?
- Please check your Booking History or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
22. Can partial cancellation be done?
- Yes, partial cancellation of passengers is allowed.
23. Can we change / modify dates after booking?
- No. In such cases booking needs to be cancelled and to be rebooked. Cancellation charges as per policy shall levy.
24. What are the service charges of IRCTC?
- For AC class – Rs. 20 + GST
- For Non AC – Rs. 10 + GST
- Payment gateway charges shall also be borne by the passenger
25. Is GST applicable in Bus Booking?
- Yes. It is applicable as per bus operator.
26. What is Bus Baggage Policy?
- Each passenger is allowed to carry one bag upto 10 kgs and one personal item such as laptop bag, handbag, or briefcase of upto 5 kgs.
- Passengers should not carry any goods like weapons, inflammable, firearms, ammunitions, drugs, liquor, smuggled goods, etc or any other articles that are prohibited under law. Bus operator reserves the right to deny boarding ot charge additional amount in case passenger is travelling with extra luggage than what is mentioned above.
27. What if I cannot board the scheduled bus?
- No refund permissible after bus departing from first boarding point.