Skip to content
- The transfer is allowed to and among family members i.e. father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife.
- Online tickets are transferred by visiting the nearest reservation counter of the railways and producing the print out of the e-ticket.
- As per Indian railways, the request for transfer should not be over 10% of the total number of group members.
- The transfer is also possible to another government servant on duty but the same has to be effected 24 hours in advance.
- The train ticket can also be transferred to students of recognized institutes provided the head over there places the request atleast 48 hours before or to a marriage party group but the request has to be made by the head therein.
18 rules to know about Concessions offered by Indian Railways
- IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) offers tickets at concessional rates to a number of specified categories.
- The concessions vary between 10% and 100%, and the categories chosen include disabled passengers, senior citizens, awardees, war widows, students, youth, farmers, and sports-persons, among others.
- Here are 10 rules you must know about these concessions by the Indian Railways.
- About the basis of calculation of concession; number of concessions
- All concessional ticket fares are calculated on the basis of fares for mail/express trains, irrespective of the type of train (mail/express/passenger) by which a passenger travels.
- Concessions are admissible only on the base ticket price, and not on additional charges like super-fast surcharge, reservation fee, etc.
- Additionally, a passenger can only avail one type of concession at a time.
- About permission for break of journey; change of class
- Notably, a break of journey is not permitted on a concession ticket for a journey of specific purpose, e.g. a student traveling to/from an examination center.
- Such break of journey is allowed only if it’s caused by a natural event.
- In addition, a concession ticket holder is not allowed to change to a higher class, even if they’re ready to pay the fare hike.
- About production of requisite certificates; prestigious train tickets
- Except for senior citizens, such concessions on train tickets are given only on showing the requisite certificates from the concerned person/organization in India.
- Documents issued by authorities in foreign countries are not considered valid.
- Also, concessions on season tickets, circular journey tickets, and on tickets of prestigious trains like Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, etc. is not allowed, unless otherwise stated.
- About producing documents in case of senior citizens
- In the case of senior citizens, no proof of age is required at the time of purchasing of tickets. Concession tickets are issued on demand made through the option in the reservation form.
- However, they are required to carry some documentary proof of age that can be produced if demanded by Railway officials during the journey.
- Now Book Railway Reservation through Simple SMS! – an IRCTC/CRIS initiative
- India’s first Railway University in Vadodara