Indian Railways deploys Automatic Ticket Vending Machines (ATVM)
Thinvent has developed rugged hardware and stable Linux based firmware behind the Automatic Ticket Vending Machines. Thinvent’s ATVM Thin-clients are rugged computers developed with technology developed from the ground up to be usable in India.
- These Thin-clients need to withstand heavy usage 24 hours a day, 365 days an year.
- The Thin-clients are expected to withstand dust, heat, user ignorance, lack of good power at some of the remotest locations across the country.
- Reliable and good quality printing is needed to counter counterfeiting.
- Machines need to be reliable and secure as public money is involved.
- Support Railways application and backend for ticketing.
- Supports Smart Card Reader, Touch Screen Calibration Utility
- Support for local languages.
At Present most of the Zonal Railways have deployed Thinvent’s Thin-Client based ATVMs and made it operational in many vital stations having huge passenger traffic making travel cheaper and convenient for about 25 lakh people per day.