Mumbai Start Suburban Train (Local Train) Services Only For Govt Staff Of Essential Services
- EMU train services for essential service staff, as identified by State Govt, has resumed in Mumbai suburban today after a gap of 85 days
- Systematic access control and social distancing being ensured
- These special suburban services will not be available for general passengers
Western Railway 162 suburban services resumed only for Govt staff of essential services
- Railways as well as the State Government will ensure multiple rounds of checking to ensure only essential staff as identified by the State Government, should board these trains.
- The State Government has been urged to ensure all those allowed to travel, are done so after ensuring that they are medically fit and do not come from containment zone.
- To allow adequate social distancing in the coaches, unlike its seating capacity to accommodate about 1,200 persons, only about 700 are to be allowed per train.
- Further the State Government is advised to stagger the timings of its offices for workers coming from different areas to ensure there is no crowding at the stations and inside the trains.
- Strict imposition of “NO HAWKERS & NO PARKING ZONE” in station circulating area at 150 meters radius. Approach roads to stations shall be ensured to enable smooth passage of identified passengers and prevent any mass gathering of public at station premises by respective Municipal Corporations in their respective areas.
- Ambulances will be kept at each station alongwith the medical staff to deal with the emergency situation arises during the travel of commuters by respective Municipal Corporations.