Railway Start Suburban Train (Local Train) Services Only For Govt Staff Of Essential Services
WR has resumed 162 suburban services with defined protocol & SOP, only for movement of essential Govt staff as identified by the State Government. Only essential services workers with proper ID Cards will be allowed to travel in these trains
WR’s 162 suburban services resumed only for Govt staff of essential services
Kind attention of all concerned-
- Approximately 1.25 lakh essential staff (including 50 thousand on Western Railway) as identified by the State Government are expected to travel by these trains.
- These special suburban services will not be for general passengers / public & will be strictly for essential staff as identified by the State Government of Maharashtra only.
- Travelling authority will be applicable as per normal procedure over WR & CR for Season Tickets etc & certain booking windows will be opened for the same, on which respective staff will be facilitated on showing their Government ID cards.
- It is observed that due to lockdown, season ticket holders lost a number of days despite holding a valid season tickets to the extant of days lost. The same shall be permitted at the UTS counters at the stations to those permitted by State Government. UTS counters may also issue fresh tickets / season tickets to persons permitted by State Government of Maharashtra.
- For tickets issued on UTSON MOBILE APP the revalidation may be deemed to have been done till the changes are effected by CRIS in the system. Accordingly, CRIS may make necessary changes regarding revalidation of season tickets in the UTSONMOBILE system for persons as allowed by State Government of Maharashtra in coordination with Western & Central Railways. UTSONMOBILE shall continue to remain suspended till further advice.
- The Railway workman special trains, already running will continue to run.
- RPF / GRP /State Police will be deployed at various stations.
- Entry will be given at stations strictly through ID cards of essential staff as identified by the State Government. Later on. the staff will be issued QR based E-Passes which will also bear colour coding to enable swifter ticket checking. State Government will ensure the same.